Introduction to Home Economics: 7 Ways to Save On The Bill
Bill savings have become a priority for everyone in today’s conditions, without saying rich poor young and old, in order to spend our money and our lives on better and more important things.
Bill Savings 1: Watch Out for Lamps
*When sharing a room, it is useful to add notes to remind your family. Select a sensor system for building lighting.
* Do not think about what to buy so as not to leave the refrigerator door open. Gather your thoughts and know what you need without opening the lid.
* Look for a regular bulb to use with a compact fluorescent bulb (bill-saving lamp).
* Excessive freezing of the refrigerator causes energy loss, we have to clean the refrigerator regularly against freezing.
Bill Savings 2: Hang Laundry and Dry
* Please choose a washing machine suitable for your family. Small families do not need large machines and consume a large amount of water and energy.
* Instead of dryer, you can hang the laundry for drying.
* Do not operate the dishwasher or washing machine without fully charging.
* Dishwashing requires a temperature of 60 degrees, but washing at 50 degrees is also possible. In this way, it consumes 10% less energy.
Bill Savings 3: Unplug Unused Devices
* Remove TVs, VCDs, satellites, stereos and other devices when not in use. If the device is turned off from the remote control, the device will continue to consume energy in “standby” mode. This energy consumption is about 5 percent of the device’s own energy.
* If you want to sleep in front of the TV at night, you need to use the auto-off program. It will be very helpful when it comes to saving on the bill.
Take Advantage of Sunlight
* Keep the curtains and canopies closed in the room to keep the room cool in summer.
* Keep the curtains closed in winter. Keep curtains open throughout the day to keep them away from direct sunlight. Do not use long curtains that block the heat flow of the radiator or hide the radiator behind the furniture.
* Use sunlight as much as possible. Arrange rooms to better enjoy the benefits of natural light.
* Take a short shower instead of bathing in the bathtub for a long time.
* Please keep unused rooms at low temperature. Reheating a chilled room consumes more energy than always keeping it cool. Save electricity with heating systems .
Bill Savings 5: Take Advantage of Technology Economically
1-Choose the right bulb. Use energy-efficient bulbs.
2-Charge devices such as phones, laptops and tablets accordingly. Do not always leave it charged.
3-Do not leave unused devices on the plug.
4-Do not operate the washing machine and dishwasher until it is full.
5-White goods selection is given a high priority. These products are expensive in the first place, but after years of use they can be profitable.
6-Hairdryers consume a lot of electricity. With careful use, you can save 10% on the bill.
7-Put the right food in the fridge at the right temperature. More energy is used to cool hot food.
8-The appearance of juicy food in the refrigerator makes the refrigerator more functional due to high humidity Be careful not to do this.
9-Place the refrigerator away from areas such as radiators and ovens.
10-Choose a costly model for ironing.
11-Do not open the oven door when baking.
12-The boiler consumes extra energy with each opening.
13-Boiler maintenance and radiator cleaning can help reduce gas bills.
14-Do not block the radiator hub or make it difficult to dissipate energy.
15-Lowering the room temperature from 23 to 22, i.e. even 1 degree, saves about 10% of the bill.
What You Can Do
16-Tapes used under the window and door save up to 70% heat.
17-Close the lid to maintain room temperature.
18-Wear thicker instead of increasing the degree to warm up the boiler.
19-Ventilate the radiator regularly.
20-Keep the curtains open while the sun shines and close at night.
Energy Use in Our Country
The energy used in homes in our country represents 30 percent of total energy consumption. Power consumption is about 40% of total power generation. Considering that the number of households is around 20 million 500 thousand, it is possible to save significantly on the bill by using energy-efficient household appliances.
Did you know that a little touch at home in this context will make a big difference to your electricity bill? Don’t wait, unplug it! Electronic products installed and closed in our homes consume a significant amount of electricity both monthly and annually. Electronic devices, especially those left on the plug, can cause both a significant increase in billing and a great waste. Power consumption is increasing day by day, so savings are needed.
Hundreds of pounds are taken out of your pocket every year with devices that are plugged in such as televisions, satellite boxes and washing machines. You can save hundreds of pounds of bills per year by unplugging unused devices. Similarly, 2016 figures from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory waste $11.1 a month and $134 a year for such waiting devices. Therefore, all families, especially housewives, are sensitive to energy saving and need to unplug unused devices.
Save Money Lighting Up Your Home
New bulbs have been serving consumers for years by taking care of consumer electronics and lighting. Companies have focused on economic products in recent years. So how can you save on the bill when lighting up your home?
For this, you can choose high-quality LEDs that will not tire your eyes when lighting up your home. LED bulbs have an A+ or A++ energy class label. In short, LED bulbs help you save on the bill by reducing your electricity bill with up to 90% energy efficiency from the moment you purchase.
To select the correct LED, you need to check the lumen (lm) value, not the wattage (W). The higher the lumen value, the brighter the light will always be. Another point to consider is to choose a brighter color if necessary.
Bulb Selection And Types
We recommend choosing a cold white LED lamp from 4000 to 6500 K in areas where reading and concentration are required. On the other hand, 2700-3000 K hot white (yellow) lights should be used in areas where rest and relaxation are at the forefront. Also, for environmental and energy efficiency, you need to be careful if you have an energy label of A+ or higher. The symbol A + indicates that the bulb is very efficient.
Saving nowadays is something everyone should do. Although saving money is one of the main objectives of this issue, we must take care of our world more and not waste the blessings of this paradise in order to leave our children a better tomorrow.
Being able to save on the bill is now both very easy and very accessible. With a few small life changes you can save a lot of money per year and become a more conscious and more environmentally beneficial individual.
You can reach our previous article from https://www.isitmax.com/sapsiz-yerden-isitma-nasil-yapilir/ link.