FLOOR HEATING (IN RAMP AND WALKING PATH) SNOW ICE PREVENTION TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Single or double conductor series resistance HEAT cable or fabricated assembly HEAT mat
A: General Features
1. The floor heating system should be designed to prevent freezing and snow accumulation on sidewalks, vehicular and pedestrian roads, ramps and stairs in winter conditions.
2. The design and application of the heating cable or fabricated heating mesh system is prepared by considering human health and safety and material safety.
3. The materials to be used in the system must be resistant to extreme weather conditions, in appropriate protection class and resistant to ultraviolet rays.
4. System materials should allow maintenance and repair in winter conditions. It must have been used or used in similar applications before.
5. The heating cable system must have a floor-type temperature and humidity sensor. It should not be activated on dry ground below the freezing temperature of the water.
6. Ground temperature and humidity sensors and ambient temperature sensors should be placed in suitable places so that they can detect the most adverse climatic conditions on the ground.
7. Materials used in the system; must be guaranteed for at least 10 (ten years) against production, design and application faults.
8. After the application details are submitted to the administration and approval is received, the assembly should begin.
9. The unit area heating power value of the system should be at least 300W/m2 and a minimum 11 meter 30W/meter linear power heater cable should be used for silicon and fluoro-polymer insulated products in 1 m2 area.
10. Assembly should be done without breaking, drilling and screwing.
11. After the installation, the operating tests of the heating cable system should be made and delivered to the administration in working condition.
12. Necessary documents, technical information, maintenance and usage instructions and application projects will be submitted to the administration in Turkish at the delivery of the system.
B: Heating Cables
1. In the system; 30w/mt power, pre- or fabricated termination, series-resistance resistance cable or fabrication-assembled mattress produced for snow / ice melting applications will be used.
2. Heater cable or heater net resistance wires; metal braided, silicone, fluoro-polymer insulated and halogen-free outer jacket.
3. The cold cable at the end of the cable must be at least 7 meters long.
4. Cables will be under warranty for 10 (ten) years. Errors and damage caused by manufacturing and assembly will be replaced free of charge within 15 days. The commitment regarding the warranty situation by the contractor company will be delivered to the administration at the end of the work as a condition of final acceptance of the work.
C: Snow/Ice Detector and Panel
1. The snow/ice detector must be capable of being activated only when there is a risk of icing in the system.
2. The detector should allow rail mounting in the panel.
3. The detector should be able to be used independently of the sensor elements to be tested when necessary.
4. On the detector, the sensitivity of the humidity sensor element should be adjustable between 0 and 100. The detector panel should be able to be placed outdoors when necessary.
5. The snow/ice detector and the temperature sensor must be separate. Outdoor thermostat sensor parts should be placed in such a way that they can detect the most unfavorable climatic conditions of the floor.
6. Heating cables should be fed from the panel, they should never be fed directly from the detector, regardless of its power. In addition, a power contactor of suitable power must be used.
7. A residual current switch with appropriate amperage will be located at the panel entrance. The switch must have a capacity of 30 mA.
8. Panel inputs and outputs will have terminals. If necessary, the terminal upper bridge will be used.
9. In case the floor structure is multi-part and the floor heater load is high, the heater cable load should be able to be divided into more than one panel.
10. During this process, instead of more than one detector; A control circuit will be established to drive more than one power contactor from one detector.
11. Automatic control board; fuses, contactor, ice detector, residual current relay and other materials.
12. The detector has wide tuning range and setting options. The system will only activate if there is a risk of icing. The system will not consume energy unless necessary. Special relay with floor sensor constantly monitors the system and shows the status on its screen. thermostat control unit; It consists of a temperature and humidity sensor.
D: Junction and Attachment Boxes
1. Junction boxes must have at least IP-65/66 protection class.
2. In the box, the supply cable and the heating cable are connected via terminals.
3. If there is an energy cable outlet from a junction box to a different junction box, special terminals with appropriate cross-sections of the manufacturer of the box should be used. If a row terminal is used in the box, the upper bridge of this terminal must be used.
4. The inputs and outputs of the heater and energy cables in the box must be glanded. As an additional safety precaution in the application, after the connections are made, the sealing of the unions should be supported with silicone resistant to ultraviolet rays and high temperatures.
5. Junction boxes will be placed in a suitable place on the ground so that they will not be damaged.